Apply for funding
ENGLISH | FRANÇAIS
Enbridge’s community investments are guided by a core set of criteria. We consider investment and sponsorship opportunities in communities where Enbridge operates that are:
- Within a 20-kilometre (10-mile) radius of our pipeline right-of-way or near our operations
- Of prime importance to the community
- Beneficial to the greatest possible number of people
- Significant to the long-term interests of the community
- Supportive of one of our three core areas that we view as integral for a sustainable community
Examples of qualified organizations
- Medical research and infrastructure
- Community-based emergency services
- Health-based organizations
- Education providers
- Social services agencies
- Environmental and safety agencies
- Professional and amateur cultural organizations
- Organizations without a Revenue Canada Taxation number OR non-profit organizations not established under 501(3)(c) of the U.S. tax code
- Organizations discriminating on the basis of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation
- Religious, political organizations or special interest groups
- Advocacy or lobby initiatives
- Recreation or sports organizations and events
- Trips, tours, or conferences
- Foundations or third-party fundraisers
- Advertising, memberships, ticket sales, or lotteries
- Mass-mailed or non-addressed solicitation
Our online application form will guide you through the questions you need to answer in order for us to make a decision. To prepare in advance, please read the instructions before applying. When you are ready, please complete the application form.
Decisions are typically made within eight weeks of receipt of a complete Community Investment application, although decisions on major funding requests may take longer.
Emergency response organizations invited to apply for a Safe Community grant can expect a funding decision by June or by December, depending on the date of application.
Organizations receiving funding will be asked to provide a final report detailing the results and benefits achieved through the funded project, program, or campaign.
Meeting Enbridge's core set of community investment criteria does not guarantee funding. In spite of our significant investment in communities, we are unable to support all worthy, well-qualified organizations.
Criteria may vary by location.
Learn more about our policy on financial support for post-secondary academic institutions.